Possessing a car and taking care of them are two different things. It looks very interesting and exciting to restore a classic car but it has to go under various stages for a complete makeover. Evaluating the exact condition of the car is vital for its proper restoration. Every individual has its own set of purpose and budget involved with it so one needs to go through a step by step procedure. 10 tips for classic car restoration are:-
- Budget matters- for accessing the parts of the car to be restored one needs to finalize the budget beforehand and then getting all of parts assembled in a lot helps.
- Inspection- proper checking of the car inside out to top-down proper checking has to be done for the parts to be restored.
- Restoration work- one needs to check whether the car is solid or lightweight and if it is solid then the restoration work can be done but if not then there is no point in wasting time and money on it. Some parts can be replaced like the axle, handle, gears but some cannot be so the parts that are replaceable are to be easily done with.
- Using a professional help- Professional help is advisable as the car works for longer run but if it is done single handedly then judicious use and proper implementation has to be done.
- The degree of restoration- an intensive method or an extensive method is depended upon by the individual. A simple restoration or an elaborate one where most of the parts have to be changed and giving it a new look. A professional restoration is another one where thorough technical skill is required.
- Selection of a proper car shop that provides cheap parts but with good quality products is always advisable.
- Local products that need to be brought – scrap materials and other rusty parts that needs to be fit in is another area where one needs to hunt properly.
- Products required – products should be of high quality and necessary items should be brought in without clustering it much and hence adding to the confusion.
- Maintenance – proper maintenance after the restoration is very significant as it is upon the maintenance that how far the car is going to remain in good shape is to be decided.
- Hand tools – hand tools matter a lot if one is pursuing to do the car restoration all by oneself.
All the restored items should look to be new otherwise it will look as a second hand product. One can always go through the catalogues to get a better idea of the process of car restoration. One can even design one’s own car by seeing it from the catalogue. To highlight the car with fancy item detailing should be given to the flooring, the lens, the paint and polish. Good company products for paint and other spare parts need to be furnished with.